Sunday, August 12, 2012

Winter Wear- Simple to make sweater


I usually have part of an idea for a craft when I start creating.  It's during the creating stages when I decide my plan for what I am making.  In this craft that is exactly what I did. 

I had some extra gray fleece fabric I found when I was cleaning out a closet.  I am so ready for cool weather and I think that is what inspired me to make a sweater in August. 

Materials I used:
Fleece fabric
safety pins
sewing machine (for 1 line of stitching)
scissors
ring (I used for a button)

First I folded the fabric down about 4 inches and sewed it in place.
(This is the only stitch I made.  You don't have to use a machine, you can sew this by hand)


Before you cut the arm holes make sure they are in the right spot.  Cut an oval shape about 6-7 inches.  
Fleece is a great fabric for this project because it doesn't fray. 


Next step is about pinning the sweater in place.  Make sure you hide the pins under the collar of the sweater. 

 Can't see the pins!

I found a ring that I could make into a button for the collar.  





Now I just have to wait until the cold weather comes





No comments:

Post a Comment