Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adding Stripes to a Shirt


I must say that this project was not my idea.  My mother recently bought a book for me, 
P.S. I Made This...

The author is Erica Domesek, she has been featured on Craft Wars & Rachael Ray.
I think this is a great book not only for making the featured crafts but also for coming up with new craft ideas of your own. 

Page 150


I used a piece of wood to hold my shirt in place and to also keep from the paint running through to the other side.  Cardboard would also work well. 

I used painters tape


The book used paint from a squirt bottle.  I didn't have a squirt bottle so I first used spray paint... spray paint DID NOT WORK!   The paint looked faded and wasn't going on thick enough. 

I changed my plan and used a sponge roller and craft paint.  This worked really well.  I would recommend doing it this way. 


Finished product!  






1 comment:

  1. Dawn, you're one talented individual! Love all your creative ideas, especially around the house!

    ReplyDelete