Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Crafts

I LOVE to decorate for Christmas!  Since decorations are so expensive I found creative ways to make decorations for the house.

This is a ribbon wreath made from a basic wire wreath and ribbon.  The wreath base was about $5.  I recommend waiting for the ribbon to go on sale!

I've seen these everywhere and wanted them but they were anywhere from $15- $30 per tree.  I found glittered styrofoam balls and styrofoam cones.  I cut the small balls in half and superglued them on then filled in the spaces with small plastic berries.  It cost under $20 total with lots of extra materials to make more.  

Creative way to display Christmas cards.  I bought this large bow and added a matching ribbon.  I taped the cards on last year and they kept falling but this year I stapled them on.

I hosted a cookie swap party and I want to jazz up my table.  I found these paper balls at Target for $3 for 2.  (Notice my terrible, mismatching table... project to come)


I picked up some mini poinsettias at Big Lots and used them to decorate the candles in the bathroom.  I also used some to hot-glue onto more styrofoam cone to make poinsettia trees.



I hope these ideas give you some creative inspiration for your holidays!!!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment